There will be no races on Saturday April 27th
Duke City will be holding a Double Point Race For Life on this day
Sign-ups--9:30-11:00a.m. $20 racing fee
No membership is needed to race
1ST OFFICIAL RACE OF THE 2013 SEASON
WILL BE HELD
SATURDAY MAY 4TH
SIGN-UPS: 10:00-11:00 AM
$10 RACING FEE
Bring your friends and family out to enjoy the sunshine and
the great sport of BMX!!
Free admission to all spectators--
New Rules for 2013:
NO NOVICES ON CLIPS!
- Novice riders of any age will no longer be allowed to race with clipless pedals. This rule was put into effect because many trainers feel that riders young & old clip in too early and are not obtaining the bike-handling skills that they will need in the future.
- Novice riders will now need 10 wins to advance to Intermediate ( instead of 8)
- Intermediate riders will advance to Expert with 20 wins ( instead of 25)
- USA BMX has increased the Memebership Renewal fee to $60 fee--this now will include Class & Cruiser for one price. Cruisers will now be allowed to compete in the Mixed Open and Open classes at the Nationals in 2013.
Full Gear is required for all riders in order to get on the track:
1. Helmets with a permanent strap attached; snaps are not allowed
2. Enclosed shoes that cover all toes, and is sufficient to protect riders feet
3. Long pants are recommended however, loose fitting short pants are allowed if used along with a one-piece knee and shin guard with a rigid surface(subject to approval)
4. Long sleeve shirts are recommended, but short sleeves may be worn with sufficient elbow protection (subject to approval)
5. Gloves are optional, but not mandatory
All bicycles are required to have a working brake system using hand and/or coaster (foot) brake. No front brakes allowed. Handlebars cannot exceed 30" in width and grips are required and must cover/enclose the entire opening on the handlebar ends. Padding is recommended on top frame tube and handlebar, but not mandatory. Absolutely no type of pegs will be allowed on any bicycle on the track at any time. All wheels, seats, and bars must be securely tightened. All kickstands, chainguards, fenders, and reflector brackets must be removed. All bicycles must be structurally sound with no broken welds or jagged edges exposed. All equipment is subject to approval by track operator.
All riders must be courteous and have respect for others on and off the track. We ask that no profanity be used. Badlands BMX is located on City Property and we must abide by Village of Los Lunas Park rules--NO SMOKING! NO PETS! NO DRUGS! NO ALCOHOL on premises(this includes the parking lot too)THANK YOU!!
We are looking forward to a great 2013 racing season...